Happy Friday to all! I hope everyone has had a spectacular week thus far. My laptop charger went on the fritz recently and I was unable to blog until I got a new one. I am keeping up with my readings for Austen in August and Greene for Gran, and I hope to have posts up this weekend or early next week now that I have my precious laptop charged and ready. But for now, here’s something awesome.
Kristin at My Little Heart Melodies honored me earlier this week with the Versatile Blogger Award. Many thanks for that! It’s nice to receive a little warm fuzzy every so often, especially in the blogging community. I know I don’t blog and comment nearly as much as I would like, but I truly enjoy being part of this community and conversing with you all. So, without further delay, here are the rules, my nominations, and seven “interesting” things about myself.
1. Display the Award Certificate on your blog.
2. Announce your win with a post. Post a link back to your nominator as a “thank you” for the nomination.
3. Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers.
4. Drop them a comment to tip them off after you have linked them in the post.
5. Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
1. Under A Gray Sky
2. A Literary Odyssey
3. Owl Tell You About It
5. Lit Nerd
6. Fig and Thistle
7. Iris on Books
8. Fanda Classic Lit
9. Love At First Book
11. Reading the Bricks
12. The Bookwormery
13. Unlikely Librarian
14. Too Fond
15. Books and Reviews
Seven “Interesting” Things About Me
1. I have a BA in English (Writing emphasis) and a Publishing Certificate.
2. I will soon be starting the process to be TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) Certified after recently purchasing a $69 GroupOn course offer. I love 91% discounts.
3. I am participating in the family Fantasy Football draft this year for the first time. I don’t know anything about any particular player, and I intend on winning based on my own personal system of what names interest me the most. Looks might also be a factor. Maybe. I don’t judge.
4. I do not understand the overwhelming popularity of Vine and Instagram videos. I feel the same about Snapchat. I’m also slightly ashamed that I participate in Instagram pictures. I know that no one actually cares that I’m visiting the cats at my dad’s house once again or that I made my own dinner from scratch, but damn it some things just look pretty.
5a. I started writing a novel in 2011 that I am still obsessed with but have made no time for. I intend on changing that very soon.
5b. I’ve been saying “soon” since 2011. Someone please threaten to kick my arse if I don’t get back to writing ASAP.
6. I think British television is superior to American television in every way. My favorite shows are Doctor Who and Downton Abbey, and I’m recently falling in love with Sherlock and Broadchurch. I rarely watch actual television; Netflix is my haven.
7a. I travel with a laminated cut-out of Severus Snape. His favorite place to visit is Denver. He wasn’t comfortable going to England the first time I went (too soon…so many memories), but he thinks he’s ready for it now.
7b. I had to save the most random for last. I think we can all agree it was the best one.
That’s all I have for now. Go forth and be excellent!